|12:00pm||Open for private prayer|
|3:30pm||Private prayer ends and Cathedral closes|
Christmas Service and Event Information
Whilst Advent and Christmas will feel different for us all this year, we look forward to celebrating with many of our regular special services and events. Due to COVID-19 restrictions and social distancing measures, the number of people we are allowed to have inside the Cathedral at any time is extremely limited, roughly a tenth of our normal capacity. To keep our staff and visitors safe, all special services and events throughout the Advent and Christmas period will be ticketed.
Please read the information below when preparing to attend a service or event:
- Throughout December, regular daytime opening hours and service times can vary greatly. Please do check our Calendar and Service Schedule for details.
- When booking tickets, we will retain your details for Test and Trace, but please check-in by scanning our QR code with the NHS COVID-19 app.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times within the Cathedral, unless you are medically exempt.
- Doors for all special services and events open one hour before the listed start time. Please arrive in good time and attendees must be seated 15 minutes before the service or event to guarantee their seats.
- For all ticketed services and events, everyone included on a ticket must be present and enter together.
- For all services and events (even those which are ticketed) seating is on a first come, first served basis. Our socially distanced seating is split into single chairs, paired seat or groups of four to accommodate different household sizes. Please only sit in the type of seating that corresponds with your booking, as we cannot change our seating in any way.
- Unfortunately there will be no congregational singing at any of our services.
- At the end of the service or event, please remain seated until you are invited to leave and exit directly from your seat. Please do not congregate at the end of the service.
- The accessible entrance is via the South Churchyard and is only for use by those who have particular access requirements (and their carers, where applicable).
- The crypt toilets will be available.
- Security screening of people and bag checking will be in operation at all times. Please do not bring bags unless absolutely necessary and keep all personal belongings to a minimum. There is no cloakroom facility within the Cathedral so all clothing and bags must be kept with you at all times.
- Please note that photography and filming is not permitted during any of our services or events.