|11:00am||Open for private prayer|
|3:00pm||Private prayer ends|
Useful Christmas Event Information
With its full range of Advent and Christmas services, concerts and events, St Paul's can be very busy in December.
The below information may be useful when planning your visit.
- Throughout December, regular daytime opening hours and service times can vary greatly. Please do check our Calendar and Service Schedule for details.
- The number of people we are allowed to have inside the Cathedral at any time is limited. For the busiest services Cathedral staff will monitor queues and be able to tell those in the queue their likelihood of getting a seat inside.
- As standard, doors for all special services and events open one hour before the listed start time. Queues can start earlier than this.
- If joining a queue with a group, individuals are allowed to leave the queue and return, but groups should all be together when the doors open.
- Once inside, no seats are allowed to be held for other people (i.e. no scarves or jackets can be placed on seats to hold them for people arriving at a later time.
- For the two ticketed concerts (4 December and 12 December) tickets must be ready for inspection at the door. There is no facility to hold tickets on the door for members of a group arriving later.
- For the ticketed concerts, any seat not filled 15 minutes before the scheduled start time of the concert may be given to those wishing to attend but without tickets.
- For all special services, concerts and events (even those which are ticketed) seating is on a first come, first served basis.
- The accessible entrance is via the South Churchyard and is only for use by those who have particular access requirements (and their carers, where applicable).
- Security screening of people and bag checking will be in operation at all times. Please do not bring bags unless absolutely necessary and
keep all personal belongings to a minimum. There is no cloakroom facility within the Cathedral so all clothing and bags must be kept with you at