Schools & Family Learning
|8:30am||Doors open for sightseeing|
|4:00pm||Last entry for sightseeing|
Archikids Festival 2017
We invite children and families to join us for the Archikids Festival on 23 July in the gardens of St Paul's to explore the architecture and the ecosystems of the City.
Alongside the Gherkin, Broadgate and the Museum of London, St Paul's is a festival hub for the Archikids Festival 2017.
Now in its fifth year, this festival is a weekend of free architecturally inspired activities and workshops led by architects, artists and designers for kids and their families to explore the city through creative activities and stimulating workshops. For more information about other festival activities, visit their website.
|Eco-Explorer||Spot the different animals that make up the city and design, and make your very own habitat for city birds, bees and bugs in the Churchyard.|
|Design your Geodesic Dome||Build your own geodesic dome, inspired by the dome of St Paul's by investigating the structural elements of triangles.|
|Fantasy Drawing||A never-ending, communal drawing activity for the whole family! Come and draw your fantasy cityscape and reimagine the iconic gardens of St Paul's.|
|Dome Draw||Using viewfinders come and spot your favourite views and angles of St Paul's and its famous dome and be in for a chance to win free family tickets to visit the Cathedral by uploading your drawings and photographs to Instagram using #ArchikidsStPauls. More details below.|
|Mini-Architects||A soft play area for under 5s to start designing using a variety of soft, sparkly and squishy shapes. Or start building a wooden arch like the ones Christopher Wren used to construct the dome of St Paul's.|
|Tour with Sir Christopher Wren||
A chance for families to meet the man who designed St Paul's after the Great Fire of London destroyed the previous Cathedral in 1666. Learn about the architecture and design of this magnificent church!Please pre-book on the day with sessions at 11-11.30am, 12.30-1pm, 2-2.30pm and 3-3.30pm.
|All activities run from 10am to 5pm and are suitable for children up to aged 11. There is no need to book for any of these activities, unless specified otherwise, and you are able to join and leave at any time|
FULL DETAILS, TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Start: Sunday 23 July 2017 - 10:00 GMT
- End: Monday 24 July 2017 - 16:00 GMT
WHAT TO ENTER
- The subject of the competition is simply 'St Paul’s Cathedral'. Use the viewfinders provided at the Archikids Festival to frame a view of St
Paul’s Cathedral which can either be photographed or drawn.
- If you include people in your entry, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary permissions from those individuals.
- If photographs of children are submitted, you must have the express permission of their parent or guardian.
WHO CAN ENTER
- The competition is open to anyone except those involved in its organisation, and employees of St Paul's Cathedral.
- Entrants may be from any country.
- There is no age restriction for entry.
- Entrants must be amateur photographers.
HOW TO ENTER
- All photographs to be submitted via Instagram.
- Entries must be submitted using the hash tag #ArchikidsStPauls
- There is no obligation to follow the St Paul’s Instagram account.
- Entrants may enter as many images as they like, but each entry must be entered separately.
- Entries may be submitted with a caption, if desired.
WHAT PHOTOS QUALIFY
- Any photograph or drawing taken or completed at the Archikids Festival on Sunday 23 July 2017.
- Please keep an original version of your image. This may be needed by competition organisers.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant.
- The final judges will be employees of St Paul's Cathedral, not directly involved in the competition's organisation.
- The judges' decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding these decisions.
- The winners will be selected on Monday 24 July 2017 and contacted as soon as possible after being selected, via Instagram.
- If the winner is uncontactable after reasonable efforts have been made, the prize will be offered to another entrant.
- There will be up to three winners.
- Each winner will receive a complimentary family ticket (two adults, two children) to visit St Paul’s Cathedral.
- The prizes will be taken by the end of 2017.
- The competition is open to people in all countries.
- If the winner is unable to claim the prize personally, it may be transferred to a friend or relative who can.
USE OF SUBMITTED IMAGES
- The copyright and ownership of all images remains with the photographer or artist, but St Paul’s Cathedral reserves the right to publish and
exhibit any image, with appropriate credit, on its website and social media channels, and to promote its work, in perpetuity. No fees will be
payable for these uses.
- If the Cathedral wishes to use any submitted images for commercial purposes, it will contact the photographer directly to discuss terms.
- The shortlisted and winning photographers agree to participate in any reasonable publicity which may come from the competition.
- St Paul’s Cathedral reserves the right to cancel the competition or alter its rules at any stage, if unforeseen circumstances dictate.
- This competition is organised by The Cathedral Church of St Paul in London, known as St Paul’s Cathedral. The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.