|6:00pm||Passion Sunday Organ Recital - Simon Johnson|
Safeguarding: Promoting a Safer Cathedral
We, the Chapter of St Paul’s Cathedral in London, endorse fully the Church of England’s safeguarding policy statement; “Promoting a Safer Church”. This states:
“The care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of the whole Church. Everyone who participates in the life of the Church has a role to play in promoting a Safer Church for all.”
We have also adopted the Principles of the House of Bishops on safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk who enter St Paul’s Cathedral which is based on the following six overarching policy commitments:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others
The Cathedral’s Safeguarding Officer and Chapter lead is Canon Michael Hampel, Precentor.
If you have a safeguarding concern:
- During office hours (Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm) please make contact via our Reception switchboard in the first instance on 020 7246 8350 saying you wish to report a safeguarding concern.
- Out of hours advice can be sought from the CCPAS helpline on 0845 1204550.
If you need to report a safeguarding incident, a Safeguarding Incident Report form is available here.
Information on safeguarding matters for St Paul’s Cathedral School can be found here.