Choir of the Nation – Join our Hymn Flash Mob
St Paul's invites you to join the Choir of the Nation one more time, for Trinity Sunday (7th June). The much-loved 'Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty', and the poignant yet powerful 'Lead Us, Heavenly Father, Lead Us' will open and close our virtual service of Choral Evensong. The deadline is 12pm Sunday 31st May. Instructions are below. We are most grateful to Daniel Cook (Durham Cathedral) accompanying us for Trinity Sunday.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all who have made the Choir of the Nation both possible, and so special: our wonderful singers,
drawn from across the world; Matt Chinery, Lucy Pieroni, Nicholas Freestone, Daniel Cook, George Inscoe and Simon Johnson.
- Practice singing along to the backing tracks, using the score and text below. You can sing soprano, alto, tenor, bass, or just sing the tune.
- To record yourself, listen to the backing track with headphones on one device. On a second device, record yourself singing*. This can be a video, sound recording, or MP3.
- Please ensure there is silence in the background, and that you are not holding the device with which you are recording: set it close by on a table.
- Send your file (by attachment or airdrop) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When submitting, please indicate the hymn and your voice part in the subject line: for example: Now thank we all our God, SOPRANO
Deadline for submission is Sunday 31st May at 12midday.
*If you're a recording whizz-kid and own the necessary equipment please feel free to use it - but anybody can join in whether on their phone or in a professional recording studio!
First and last verses in unison
Below are the hymns recorded for Ascension day, Palm Sunday, Easter Sunday, St George's Day, and VE Day. Churches are welcome to download and use them in digital worship. A huge thank you to everyone who has already contributed.
- Ride on, ride on in majesty (Winchester New): MP3 download
- Glory be to Jesus (Caswall): MP3 download
- Jesu, lover of my soul (Aberystwyth) : MP3 download
- Jesus Christ is Risen Today (Easter Hymn) MP3 download
- Love’s redeeming work is done (Savannah) MP3 download
- Thine be the glory (Maccabaeus) MP3 download
St George's Day:
- Jerusalem MP3 download
- Christ the Lord is risen again! MP3 download
- Ye choirs of new Jerusalem MP3 download
- Thy hand, O God, has guided (first & last unison) MP3 download
- Now thank we all our God (last verse unison) MP3 download
At this time, we would like to take the opportunity to say that we receive no government or regular Church of England support for the maintenance and upkeep of this icon of London and one of the most recognizable buildings in the world. To safely maintain and staff St Paul’s for our visitors and worshippers costs over £11m every year. Can you make a donation now to ensure that we remain safe and open for all in years to come? Please find out how to make a donation: /donate