|12:00pm||Open for private prayer|
|3:30pm||Private prayer ends and Cathedral closes|
Sing with St Paul's
Live weekly singing workshops available for your school. Discover new songs, movement games and have fun. Keep children creative, engaged and emotionally in touch through music.
Singing together is a great way to develop community spirit, and these sessions will help children to feel connected to their friends, and give them chance to record a beautiful piece of music to share with their school communities and families as a musical gift.
We understand that delivering creative projects – and particularly singing – is more difficult at the moment. We have been leading in-school singing workshops for children with robust Covid-19 risk assessments in place. This project is also available as a digital offer if your school is not yet accommodating external visitors. We can teach your children in your classrooms remotely via your interactive whiteboard.
St Paul's Cathedral is offering Sing with St Paul's to bring the joy of singing together back to children in school.
- Offered as a package of weekly sessions over 3-4 weeks lasting 40 minutes each
- Each session can accommodate one class of children within a bubble
- Sessions will be packed with movement, singing and fun. We can cover your favourite school hymns and songs, and accommodate musical requests
- At the end of the project, you will film the children singing a piece of music to send to their families and school community as a musical gift
- Content links to your creative curriculum, particularly RE and Music
Cathedral staff are education professionals with Enhanced DBS clearance and regular experience of running weekly children's choirs across London and beyond. We will need use of your hall with a piano, or your classroom with a keyboard (if large enough to ensure distancing) with windows open.
We want any school that wishes to take part to be able to do so. As this is a part-funded project, the cost to your school is only £25 per session, but if cost is an issue, we will be happy to hear from you.